These last months…
Help me to honor you Lord. You are stripping me down. My limbs are becoming more and more bare. The loss of my leaves is great. My leaves represent the times of growth and prosperity. The reason I live is to take in light and benefit others and glorify You. And yet in this season you initiate the loss of that. You cause me to lose my covering. Now all that I loved of seasons past has turned brown and has fallen to the ground. The memories keep piling up on the ground and turn into trash. My leaves are now a burden. I feel like I’m no longer a blessing but a burden. I’m bear and necked. I’m challenged at the core of who I am. I’m unable to take in light or to make oxygen.
Yet you have caused this cycle to occur for MY good. I’m blessed by it. I welcome it. I’m standing strong with my roots developed in the soil of your love. I no longer a new tree that requites stakes and wires to support me. I’m standing tall in the rain, wind and flood. My life is built on the rock. Though my loss in this season and storm is great, I have not fallen. Though I’m ugly and bear, I know all things work together for good. I am in your hands. You are the author of my life. I can truly do all things through Christ who strengths me. With little or much I know that I will make it through. I know that you are for me and I trust you completely. You are pruning me for the new season to come.
You are the source for my life. I can’t imagine living any other way. I have so much growing to do. I know that this season will occur again in the future. I look forward to it, and I will embrace it. I welcome the loss that comes in this time. I know that you are good all the time. Thank you for your Word. You clearly tell us that times like these will come to everyone. Our lives must be built on You as our solid rock.
Shawn
Matt 7:24-27
Phil 3:10-13
1 comment:
I am so familiar with that season that it is almost become normal. I have seen the grace of God in your life and I have seen real growth and fruitfulness. I am so blessed by the cry of your heart coming out to glorify Jesus. I love you and shawn and I thank God for you. Let us know what we can do to help and we will do all we can! LOVE YOU.
Post a Comment